13 December 2006

Lil doggies

Much play given to the UN report on livestock and greenhouse gases (btw check out the scot-themed comments. My favourite near-incomprehensible: 'The heidline, for wance, is bang oan! Guff, jist Guff!').
And the NY Times is discovering how business is figuring out how to make money off climate change. I don't want to gloat or anything but this wouldn't be a story in Europe - it's yesterday's news. The homeland has a lot to do to catch up but before you go off America-bashing (or accusing me of doing the same), remember we're all in this together - and we need the US to catch up and quick. Plus the US economy is much more flexible - once peeps get their heads around it, my prediction is that they'll leave Europe in the dust from an effeciency standpoint. And probably make a lot of money besides.
In the New Yorker, Elizabeth Kolbert adds a bit of colour to the Supreme Court case mentioned earlier (Massachusettes v. Environmental Protection Agency). I'm becoming a fan of Kolbert; someone can buy me her book for xmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home